Elite RetrEat Italia Terms and Conditions
Elite Retreat Italia Limited specialises in exclusively providing artisanal experiences in Italy with a particular focus on gastronomy and takes great pride in creating highly personalised itineraries. This enables us to have greater flexibility than other “holiday companies” but it also means that each trip is treated as “unique” and therefore is always different in terms of organization and complexity.
This is the online site and trading name of Elite Retreat Italia Limited. Our registered head office is at Flat 2, 7 Redcliffe Gardens London SW10 9BG.
These booking conditions govern all bookings with Elite Italia Limited. Any booking made or order placed by you, whether through the company’s website or otherwise, shall be deemed as an offer by you to purchase the relevant package or other travel arrangement subject to these booking conditions.
No contract between you and Elite Retreat Italia shall come into existence until Elite Retreat Italia Limited accepts full payment and issues a confirmation invoice. The person who makes the booking accepts these conditions on behalf of all members of the party and is responsible for all payment due from the party.
Booking services with Elite Retreat Italia Limited are currently only available to persons who are at least 18 years old. Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by at least one adult.
By submitting a booking, you warrant and confirm to us that you comply with these arrangements. At Elite Retreat Italia Limited, we do our utmost to respond to requests and inquiries within one business day.
Terms of Payment
Accepted payment methods: Elite Retreat Italia Limited accepts payment by electronic bank transfer only.
We accept payment in Pounds Sterling and Euros.
When making an electronic bank transfer payment we will contact you with details once your booking request has been processed.
In order to confirm a booking, a deposit will be required. Elite Retreat Italia limited charges a 50% deposit payment or the full amount at the time of booking depending on when and what type of package is booked. The full balance payment is due 60 days in advance of the intended departure date. If the booking is made less than 60 days before departure, the full price of the trip will be payable at booking. If, following the payment of a deposit at the time of booking, any balance remains unpaid within 60 days of the intended departure date, we reserve the right not to issue travel documentation and treat your booking as cancelled. In such circumstances cancellation charges will be applied as set out below.
- Please note that for bookings with short notice, the availability of all services will need to be confirmed by our suppliers before the full package can be confirmed. In the rare event that a specific service is not available, an alternative will be offered or a full refund will be made. You will be notified of any relevant changes prior to the issuing of a confirmation invoice.
- Packages booked more than 60 days before arrival: Elite Retreat Italia limited charges a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total package price at the time of booking. If you are forced for some reason to cancel or delay your trip, your deposit will be protected by our deposit insurance policy which is accordance with “The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992” (see further information below).
- Packages booked less than 60 days prior to arrival: Elite Retreat Italia Limited charges the full payment at the time of booking and depending on the time of booking a minimum non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total price will apply.
- Groups packages booked more than 90 days before arrival: Elite Retreat Italia limited charges 50% of the total package price and a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total package price will apply at the time of booking.
- Group packages booked less than 90 days prior to arrival: Elite Retreat Italia Limited charges the full payment at the time of booking and depending on the time of booking a minimum non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total package price will be charged.
- Packages on special offer: For certain promotions, such as the “Early Bird”, you may be required to pay in full at the time of booking to redeem the discount. (Terms vary by offer.) Standard payment terms apply to all special offers unless otherwise
For remaining payment after deposit: The full payment (less deposit) for packages—both for groups and individuals—will be charged by Elite Retreat Italia.
Payment must be made in the currency of the invoice and you will be responsible for any bank charges that may be incurred. In all cases, a booking will not be confirmed until we are in receipt of cleared funds
In the case of delayed payment, Elite retreat Italia reserves the right to treat this as a cancellation of the booking and withdraw its confirmation of the services.
Note: Some of our packages do have stricter payment rules, and in those cases the specific information will be provided before booking confirmation.
Please note we do not cover travel, medical or cancellation insurance and would suggest if you require these insurances that you put these in place prior to making your booking or travelling to your destination.
We also ask that you have travel and medical insurance before joining us on a trip and recommend that you review the amount of coverage included in your individual insurance package and that you are adequately covered for any eventuality including cancellation.
The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992
All customers booking with Elite Retreat Italia are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid will be as per the booking confirmation form. The policy also includes repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of yourm travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Elite Retreat Italia, this insurance has been arranged by Advantage Financial Services through MAPFRE Assistance.
In the unlikely event of insolvency all enquires for claims must be informed to Speciality
Claims Services Limited on +44 (0) 1420 383012.
Validity of Prices
All rates quoted or shown in our tariffs are based on current prices and are subject to change without notice in the event of currency fluctuation, government taxes or any such cost increase that is beyond Elite Retreat Italia control. If an incorrect price has been posted in error, we reserve the right to refuse, cancel, amend or limit any order placed at the incorrect price.
Elite Retreat Italia reserves the right to notify you of any increase to prices already published in our pricelists, brochures or website. Any eventual changes in rates will not be made without at least eight weeks’ notice.
After the final invoice has been issued, the price is guaranteed against any surcharge, unless an increase is due to government laws or currency changes.
For all cancellations, Elite Retreat Italia will make every effort to ensure the best protection for you. However, late cancellation can result in compensation claims from hotels and other service providers. All cancellations must be sent to Elite Retreat Italia in writing, by letter or e-mail. In accordance with standard business practices of the travel industry, Elite Retreat Italia is obliged to charge customers cancellation fees at a percentage of the full price, as follows:
Notice of cancellation – Individual customers
- 60 days or more prior to departure date: 25% of total package price is charged
- Between 59 – 45 days prior to departure date: 50% of total package price is charged
- Between 44-30 days prior to departure date: 75% of total package price is charged
- Less than 29 days prior to departure date: 100% of total package price is charged
Notice of cancellation – Groups (10 or More)
- 90 days or more prior to departure date: 25% of total package price is charged
- Between 89 – 60 days prior to departure date: 50% of total package price is charged
- Between 59-45 days prior to departure date: 75% of total package price is charged
- Less than 45 days prior to departure date: 100% of total package price is charged
Please note that cancellation rules are stricter than normal for the following services: international and domestic flights, day tours that include flights, accommodation at hotels or villas, train tickets and cruises. Therefore, Elite Retreat Italia cannot refund any of these services booked through us.
Please note that cancellation by passenger(s) within a group may either result in a price increase for the whole group or a cancellation fee being charged to the passenger(s) who has cancelled.
We strongly recommend that all our clients take out comprehensive travel insurance to avoid dispute in case of cancellation.
Changes to Bookings
All requests for changes to a booking must be made in writing from the person who submitted the booking. An administration fee of 50gbp will be charged to for each day/night of the itinerary that is modified in addition to any additional supplier costs incurred by the change(s) requested.
However, the administration fee will be waived if changes are requested within 30 days of the date of booking. Additional supplier costs may still apply depending on the change(s) requested.
Transfers: A booking may be transferred from one party to another, provided that the new party upholds the conditions of the booking. An administration fee of 100gbp will be charged for the transfer, and both parties must assume joint liability for this fee and any other costs that may be incurred to the booking.
Special Offers – Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all Special Offers on
www.eliteretreatitalia.com in conjunction with our standard booking terms for all Elite Retreat Italia visitor holiday packages:
- Applies to new bookings only
- Not valid in combination with any other discounts or promotions
- Valid only for standard packages as listed on the website — not for customizations such as hotel upgrades or additional nights, supplemental activities or extra days with a rental car
- Discount will be deducted from the total price at time of bookingEarly Bird Offers – Terms & Conditions
- Below are terms and conditions for the Early Bird offers:
- For new bookings only. “Self-drive” refers to standard packages with a rental car.
- Not valid for vacation packages already on special offer or in combination with other discounts.
- Discount does not apply for additional nights, activities or days with the rental car.
- Discount will be displayed and calculated in the total price during the booking process.
Bookings of packages with the Early Bird discount are not commissionable for third-party travel agents.
Invoice & Voucher Delivery
All travel documents are sent electronically as PDF documents attached in an email.
You may also request to have the documents mailed to you by first class post. There is a small additional fee for this service. In accordance with mail order regulations, documents must be sent to the billing address of the cardholder, not to the address(es) of the passenger(s), unless they are one and the same. Please note that Elite Retreat Italia cannot accept responsibility for documents mislaid or lost. We therefore recommend that Registered Post or Courier Service send all documents to you to your home address,though there is an extra cost for this.
Elite Retreat Italia claims no responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, injury,sickness or schedule change due to weather, strike or any other cause beyond Elite Retreat Italia’s control. Elite Retreat Italia acts in good faith, and cannot be held responsible for any agent, hotel, coach operator, airline, guide, restaurant or any other person’s or company’s acts, defaults or delays.
Elite Retreat Italia reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries or departure times, without prior notice, should the necessity arise. In the case of any changes to flights (domestic and international) or to scheduled travel by cruise, ferry, bus or train, the passenger is responsible for any additional costs incurred as a result of such changes (e.g., additional nights at a hotel, meals, transfers, etc.) at the time provided. We therefore advise all customers to have comprehensive travel insurance to meet all contingencies.
Our goal is to provide excellent customer service and in order to do so we maintain strict quality monitoring. If, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with your holiday package, we want to hear about it. We recommend you contact us as soon as any incident arises. If you are unable to do so at the time, you must advise Elite Retreat Italia in writing within 30 days of your return. If you fail to do so, this may jeopardise your right to compensation.
All information in the website is subject to change. Elite Retreat Italia reserves the right to alter/change/correct mistakes that may possibly appear in the website or published price lists.